<!-- Recipe of the Month | Cafe Spinach and Artichoke Dip -->
Station Casinos My Generation
Recipe of the Month
• 2 tbsp butter, salted
• 3 oz of yellow onion, diced
• ¼ cup of celery, diced
• 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
• 8 cups of chicken stock
• A pinch of white ground pepper
• 1 whole leaf of thyme
• 2 cups of heavy cream
• ¾ cup of roux
Method of Preparation:
1. Melt butter in a stock pot.
2. Add the diced onions and celery and sauté for 10 minutes or until translucent.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté, stirring often until the liquid has evaporated.
4. Pour in the chicken stock to the pot.
5. Add the white pepper, thyme, and heavy cream and let simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Slowly add the roux to the stock, stirring vigorously to avoid dough balls, and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Pour mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
8. Taste and season.