<!-- Recipe of the Month | Mediterranean Turkey Burger -->
Station Casinos My Generation
Recipe of the Month
Mediterranean Turkey Burger
- 1 turkey patty, fresh
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- ¼ tsp of black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 whole wheat bun
- 2 tbsp of butter
- ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese, fresh
- ¼ of a fire-roasted red pepper, peeled
- ¼ cup of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 tbsp of pesto sauce
Method of Preparation:
1. Season both sides of the fresh turkey patty with kosher salt and black pepper.
2. Place the seasoned turkey burger on a hot griddle.
3. Cook each side for 3 – 4 minutes. Use a probe thermometer and check the internal temperature.
(Remove the turkey patty once the internal temperature reaches 165°F.)
4. Place fresh mozzarella on top of the hot burger and let the cheese melt.
5. Butter and toast the whole wheat bun.
6. Place bottom of bun on a plate.
7. Place the shredded lettuce on the bottom bun; place the turkey patty on the lettuce;
add the fire-roasted red pepper and pesto sauce on top.
8. Finish with the top of the bun and skewer burger together.
9. Serve with French fries or cole slaw and cold fresh fruit.