<!-- Recipe of the Month | Crème Brûlée -->
Station Casinos My Generation
Recipe of the Month
- 12 oz of half & half
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of egg yolks
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- ¾ each vanilla bean, scrapped
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and arrange the ramekins on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, over moderately high heat combine the half & half, sugar, vanilla bean seeds and pod and bring to a boil; stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- While the half & half is heating, whisk the egg yolks.
- Gradually add about 1/3 of the hot half & half to the yolks, whisking constantly. Then add the remaining hot half & half and stir to fully combine.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean container.
- Carefully ladle or pour the custard into the ramekins, filling them to the rim.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and carefully pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake until the edges have set but the center still jiggles when the ramekin is gently shaken. About 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let cool on a rack for 30 minutes then wrap individually and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top of each custard with a thin even layer of sugar and use a kitchen blowtorch or the broiler to evenly melt and caramelize the sugar.
- Serve immediately.