<!-- Recipe of the Month | Clams Casino -->
Station Casinos My Generation
Recipe of the Month
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ teaspoon shallot, diced into inch cubes
½ teaspoon red bell peppers, diced into inch cubes
½ teaspoon green bell peppers, diced into inch cubes
1 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley, sliced into long thin strips
½ teaspoon garlic, diced into inch cubes
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon bacon, diced into inch cubes
½ teaspoon fresh oregano, sliced into thin strips
6 Clams, Littleneck
1 tablespoon unseasoned bread crumbs
½ lemon wedges (optional)
Method of Preparation:
Casino Butter instructions
1. Soften the butter to room temperature.
2. Add the bacon to a sauté pan. Render the bacon until cooked.
3. Add the red and green bell pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Deglaze with white wine.
6. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
7. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
8. Combine the vegetable mixture with the butter and mix until smooth.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wash the Littleneck clams in cold running water.
3. Use a clam knife to open each clam; then remove and discard top shell.
4. Place a ½ tablespoon of Casino Butter on top of each clam and top with the bread crumbs.
5. Place the clams into the oven and bake for about 4 minutes. Remove once the butter has melted.
6. Arrange the clams on a platter and serve with lemon wedges immediately.
<< BACK TO RECIPE INDEX