<< Back to Newsroom
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SPECTACULAR FIREWORKS SHOW TO MARK GRAND REOPENING OF PALACE STATION
$192 MILLION MODERNIZATION PAVES WAY FOR NEW ERA HOTEL-CASINO THAT BEGAN STATION CASINOS’ 42-YEAR LEGACY
LAS VEGAS (August 24, 2018) – As Palace Station nears the completion of its extensive modernization, it will revel with the entire community on Saturday, September 1 at 9:30 p.m. with a spectacular fireworks show to celebrate the $192 million renovation and expansion that includes the arrival of many new amenities and offerings.
The two-year process to transform, expand and completely modernize Palace Station marks a significant milestone for Station Casinos’ iconic and first casino in its family of entertainment destinations that first opened its doors July 1, 1976. Throughout the past four decades, Palace Station has grown with more than a dozen expansions and upgrades and this recent transformation marks the most significant reinvestment by the company.
Palace Station (originally called "The Casino" and then "Bingo Palace") opened as a 5,000-square-foot casino, offering 100 slot machines and a snack bar designed to exclusively for locals. It was conceived and brought to life by Frank Fertitta, Jr. who began his career in the hospitality industry as a bellman at the Tropicana. He believed locals wanted to enjoy the same gaming and entertainment experiences as tourists, away from the chaos and crowds of the tourism corridor. The concept quickly became a locals' favorite and the rest, as they say, is history.
Since its debut in 1976, Palace Station has remained in the hands of its original owners, the Fertitta family. The explosive growth of Southern Nevada allowed for and fueled the Fertitta brothers, Frank III and Lorenzo, to grow their father's vision from that one casino with 90 team members to 20 entertainment destinations with 14,000 team members today.
PALACE STATION TIMELINE
- July 1, 1976- Frank Fertitta, Jr. opens “The Casino” to cater exclusively to Las Vegas locals.
- July 1977- With success came growth and immediate expansion with additional amenities, including a bingo room. The Casino was aptly renamed “Bingo Palace.”
- November 1983- Bingo Palace renamed to Palace Station as part of largest expansion to date.
- March 1991- A new 22-story hotel tower opens.
- 2016- Station Casinos embarks on its most ambitious renovation to completely modernize Palace Station from head-to-toe.
- Summer/Fall 2018- Station Casinos to usher in new era for Palace Station.
Food & Beverage: Four new restaurants join the existing lineup that includes the highly acclaimed Oyster Bar, Charcoal Room steakhouse, Grand Café and Little Tony’s. New restaurants are:
- bBd’s (Beers Burgers Desserts)- Paying homage to America’s beloved burger, Chef Ralph Perrazzo brings his New York-based restaurant offering burgers preparedeither steamed, cooked over embers of charcoal or on a hot griddle.An extensive vegan and vegetarian selection, expertly curated craft beer program and indulgent desserts including handcrafted milkshakes will also be featured. (opening Labor Day weekend)
- Boathouse Asian Eatery- The popular Northern California outlet offers an eclectic mix of Japanese and East Asian cuisine and serves up fresh seafood, sushi rolls, noodles and traditional Chinese fare in its 180-seat venue.
- The Feast Buffet- The popular buffet that was first introduced at Palace Station 30 years ago has evolved into its next generation with an all-new look and eclectic menu featured throughout six unique stations including The Hearth, Wok This Way, Blazing Grill, Health Favorite, The Carvery and Just Desserts.
- Mumfresh Asian Eats- From the creators of Boathouse Asian Eatery comes a casual, quick-serve, teppanyaki-inspired menu including banh mi sandwiches, noodle soups and boba teas.(opening Fall)
Gaming: A complete renovation of the existing casino floor including:
- New bingo room
- Renovated race and sports book and new sports bar
- Renovated poker room
- Additional slot/video poker machines and table games
- New low-rise exterior façade and porte-cochere with valet area 300 additional parking spaces located in the back of the newly expanded area
- Regal Entertainment Group will offer a boutique nine-screen luxury movieplex featuring all-luxury recliner seating and its Cinebarre restaurant concept serving food, beer and wine before and during movies delivered right to your seat. (opening December)
- New resort-style pool area featuring a raised bar, dining area, event lawn, private cabanas and daybeds. Renovated hotel guest rooms and suites
Exterior signage: Three new 20MM LED video display walls on the casino’s exterior are showcased including:
- Northeast corner (facing Sahara Avenue) features a nearly 82-foot wide X nearly 21-foot tall LED
- South Entry (facing the new pool and parking area) features a nearly 83-foot wide X nearly 34-foot tall LED wrapped around the corner of the building
- Northwest casino corner (facing Sahara Avenue) features a nearly 60-foot wide X 8.5-foot tall LED sign
Classic Palace Rockfest One on Saturday, September 1. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Three classic rock tribute bands will celebrate the music of some of history’s most iconic bands. Enjoy free performances from Mirage: Visions of Fleetwood Mac, Pyromania: Tribute to Def Leppard and Trinity: Tribute to Journey, Styx and Foreigner. This is an all-ages show; those under 21 must be accompanied by an adult.
Fireworks on Saturday, September 1 at 9:30 p.m.
Station Casinos has a long history of celebrating its biggest milestones by inviting the entire community to enjoy a spectacular fireworks show in the sky. World-renowned pyrotechnicians, Fireworks by Grucci, are preparing an incredible show that will light up the skies accompanied by a musical score featuring popular songs from the past four decades. Public viewing areas are at the event grounds, located behind the newly expanded casino area on the south side of the property (by the new resort pool) as well as available in surface parking lot facing Sahara Avenue.
KC & The Sunshine Band and Village People to perform on Saturday, September 15 at 8 p.m.
Legendary disco and funk group KC & The Sunshine Band alongside special guests the Village People will help usher in Palace Station’s new era with a live outdoor concert.
Tickets are $40 plus tax and applicable fees. Doors open at 7 p.m. and guests under 21 must be accompanied by an adult. All tickets are on sale and can be purchased at any Station Casinos or Fiesta Rewards Center by visiting www.stationcasinoslive.com or through Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000 or www.ticketmaster.com.
Classic Palace Private Label Weibel Wine Giveaway every Tuesday in September
Invited Boarding Pass loyalty cardholders can enjoy a free bottle of private-label wine every Tuesday in September from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Each bottle of wine will feature a different commemorative image of Palace Station through the decades from Bingo Palace to the new modernized venue. Enjoy a variety of wines weekly including a cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay, Merlot and sparkling wine. Guests may pick up their wine at the Rewards Center.
GET SOCIAL WITH US: Follow along on Instagram and Twitter @palacestation for #NewClassicPalace updates, and breaking news.