Commitment to the Community
As part of its core philosophy for more than 35 years, Station Casinos has been giving back to the community throughout every level of operation at Station Casinos.
We believe it's our privilege and responsibility to help build and maintain a happy and healthy community and by giving back we can assist others who may simply need a helping hand.
Over the years the Company has supported hundreds of charities as well as has created a special partnership with the Clark County School District through our signature "Smart Start" initiative.
For more than a decade, Station Casinos has been proud of its Smart Start school partnership initiative with the Clark County School District (CCSD) to support high-need elementary schools* with financial and volunteer support to help improve education and provide resources in the classrooms.
Since 2001, Station Casinos has contributed more than $2.4 million to local high need elementary schools.
Additionally, Station Casinos' properties are paired up with an elementary school and offers year-round support such as volunteering in the classrooms, mentoring students, hosting special events and donating needed resources such as back packs and school supplies for the students.
The 10 Smart Start partner elementary schools include:
- Rex Bell Elementary School (Partner: Palace Station)
- Laura Dearing Elementary School (Partner: Boulder Station)
- Ollie Detwiler Elementary School (Partner: Fiesta Rancho)
- P.A. Diskin Elementary School (Partner: Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa)
- H.P. Fitzgerald Elementary School (Partner: Santa Fe Station)
- Howard E. Hollingsworth Elementary School (Partner: Sunset Station)
- C.T. Sewell Elementary School (Partner: Fiesta Henderson)
- C.P. Squires Elementary School (Partner: Texas Station)
- Whitney Elementary School (Partners: Station Casinos Corporate and Wildfire Gaming)
- Robert L. Taylor Elementary School (Partner: Green Valley Ranch)
Smart Start funds are administered through the Clark County Public Education Foundation.
*High-need elementary schools are those that have been identified by the CCSD as schools that do not meet certain established federal criteria.
We seek partnerships with local non-profit organizations where we can make a positive impact. With that in mind, the following is a list of criteria we’ve established to help focus our resources and efforts.
For further information please contact:
Corporate and Government Relations Dept.
Station Casinos, Inc.
1505 S. Pavilion Center Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89135