Station Casinos My Generation
Recipe of the Month
honey garlic bbq shrimp with citrus butter
2 lbs of Shrimp, shell off, tail on
1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
3 tbsp. Honey
4 Cloves Minced Garlic
2 tbsp. Gochujang (hot pepper paste)
1 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
1/2 Squeezed Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
1/3 cup Orange Juice
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Cilantro, rough chopped
1 Fresno Pepper, Sliced
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. In a large ziplock bag, combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, gochujang, sesame oil, and lemon juice. Add the shrimp, seal the bag and toss to coat. If desired, you can marinate the shrimp for up to 24 hours.
2. To make the citrus butter. In a small sauce pan, combine the butter, orange juice, and lemon juice and cook over medium heat until the sauce is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro and chilies.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to high.
4. Thread the 4-5 shrimp on skewers and grill each skewer for 2 minutes per side or until the shrimp is cooked through.
5. Arrange the skewers on a platter or plate and serve drizzled with the citrus butter and top with sesame seeds and cilantro.